Indications: Induction of general anesthesia, Anesthesia of short duration and also used as anti-convulsant.
- As the sole anesthetic agent for brief (15 minutes) procedure
- For induction of anesthesia prior to administration of other inhalation anesthetic agents
- To supplement regional anesthesia
- To provide hypnosis during balanced anesthesia without agents for analgesia or muscle relaxation
- For the control of convulsive states during or following inhalation anesthesia, local anesthesia, or other causes
- In neuro surgical patients with increased intracranial pressure, if adequate ventilation is provided
- For narco-analysis and narco-synthesis in psychiatric patients.